1300 734 970Get a Quote

Help & FAQs

Does my fire safety equipment need to be maintained?

Commercial premises or public meeting places need to comply with Australian Standards 1851 as governed by Regulations for the Building Code of Australia and/or the Occupational Health and Safety Welfare Act SA. This means that fire fighting equipment such as: fire extinguishers, fire hose reels, fire blankets etc., are required to be inspected and certified on a regular six monthly basis in accordance with relevant Australian Standards. Owners/occupiers of buildings may also be required by the local council to provide evidence that fire equipment has been supplied and/or maintained in accordance with relevant Australian Standards where the site is the subject of a development consent. Furthermore, your Insurer may also require evidence that regular maintenance has been carried out. With the exception of Smoke Detection, there are no requirements for private dwellings.

All Help & FAQs

Need some pricing?

Just tell us what you need and we’ll send it to you. It just takes a couple of minutes.

Get a Quote